26 Below - Winter Retreat
Senior High (9-12 Grades), College & Career Winter Retreat
Download retreat schedule here
Location: Camp-of-the-Woods Speculator, NY
Speaker: Nate Bramsen
Theme: Living a Transparent Life
- Messages from God’s Word
- Breakout sessions
- Ice skating and tubing
- Indoor gymnasiums
- Climbing wall
- Indoor pool
- Skiing, snowboarding and tubing at Oak Mountain Ski Center (optional, tickets additional cost)
Cost: $125 per person includes:
- Shared room with private bath
- Friday night pizza
- Buffet meals (Saturday breakfast through Sunday lunch)
- Camp activities
AGE LIMIT: Attendees must be at least 14 years old and in 9th grade to attend 26 Below.
PLEASE NOTE that if you are under 18 years of age you may only attend as part of a youth group or with an adult leader over the age of 22. You must arrive and depart with an adult leader. No one under the age of 18 may be dropped off at the retreat by someone who is not attending.
Pictures from this year's event are posted here
IMPORTANT INFORMATION (and what to bring and NOT to bring):
- Arrival Time/Directions: Friday, January 16th between 7:30pm and 8:30pm. Directions to Camp can be found here.
- Rooming/Bedding: Each room sleeps 4-7 and has a private bath. Linens, pillows and towels are supplied.
- Dress Code: Please use discretion when choosing clothing. Temperatures can drop below zero! No tank tops or pajamas in common areas. Girls – NO two-piece bathing suits in pool. Sneakers must be worn in the gymnasiums.
- Medical Emergency: The nearest hospital to Camp is a one-hour drive. No First Aid Station is available at Camp. Ambulance service is available through the local town of Lake Pleasant.
- Electronic Equipment: Please do not bring personal electronic devices to the retreat. This is a time for friends and to be in God’s Word.
- Prohibited Items: Possession or use of tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs or illegal items is prohibited. Violators are subject to immediate dismissal and forfeiture of fees.
- Damage to Rooms & Property: You are responsible for damages made to Camp’s rooms or property while on the retreat and will be required to pay for any replacement or repair necessary. All rooms are checked prior to arrival and before dismissal. There is a $10.00 fee for lost room keys.
- What to Bring: Warm clothes, Snow boots & extra socks, Bathing suit, Sneakers (for gym), Bible, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Shampoo, Soap
NOTE FOR GPS USERS: Approximately 13 miles from COTW (after you go through the town of Wells, NY and cross the bridge at Lake Algonquin) the GPS may tell you to bear left onto Gilmantown Road. DO NOT follow these directions, rather stay on Route 30 which will take you directly to COTW.
OAK MOUNTAIN SKI CENTER will be open (weather permitting). It is located 1 mile from Camp-of-the-Woods. If you are interested in skiing, snowboarding or tubing, on Saturday afternoon tickets can be purchased on Friday night, January 17th, upon arrival at Camp. CASH ONLY. Final ticket prices are listed below.
Ticket prices are as follows:
Lift Ticket (needed for skiing and snowboarding): $17.00
Combo Ticket (ski/board and tube): $20.00
Snow Tubing Ticket: $9.00
If you are renting equipment, you must reserve it in advance! To reserve your rental equipment, call Oak Mountain Ski Center at 518-548-3606.
Ski Rental: $22.00
Snowboard Rental: $25.00