Midwest 26 Below Retreat
Hidden Acres Christian Center
3837 Union Ave
Dayton, IA 50530
Scott DeGroff and Micah Williams
Go Forward with Christ
Early Bird Price: $100
Early Bird Special ends January 3, 2022
Regular Price: $120
Registration closes February 7, 2022
Since the launch of 26 Below in the Northeast, CMML received many requests for a retreat in the Midwest. So, in 2016, CMML began hosting Midwest 26 Below at Hidden Acres Christian Center in Dayton, Iowa. This retreat has quickly become one of our best-attended annual events. The goal of this retreat is to challenge the next generation in their walk with the Lord through powerful messages from God’s Word, interactive breakout sessions, and special opportunities to hear from missionaries serving all over the world.
26 Below is geared for young people in high school, college, and entering into their career up to about age 26.
Attendees must be at least 14 years old and in 9th grade to attend 26 Below. Anyone under 18 years of age may only attend as part of a youth group or with an adult leader over the age of 22 and must arrive and depart with an adult leader. No one under the age of 18 may be dropped off at the retreat by someone who is not attending.
Youth leaders must be over 22 years old. Groups must provide a youth leader for every EIGHT minors. Youth Leaders are responsible for the health, safety, obedience, attendance, and spiritual well-being of their youth group.
While this retreat is geared towards those age 26 and below, we do not have an upper age limit. We ask that those over 30 attend as youth leaders if possible. Attendees over 18 are responsible for themselves. This includes transportation, health and safety, and adherence to rules.
- Messages from God’s Word
- Breakout sessions
- Missions Q&A Panel
- Indoor gymnasiums
- Indoor pool
- Snow Tubing, Sledding and Toboggan Runs
- Ice Fishing – Bring your own equipment.
Arrival Time: Plan to arrive at Camp between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Directions: Directions to Camp can be found here.
NOTE: Check-in at the David Martic Chapel Hall
Please note that rooming will be divided by gender and will be in either large cabins with bunk beds or in dorm-style rooms which sleep 7-8 people. Linens, pillows, and towels are not supplied. Please be sure to bring bedding. Note that some who are in the dorms may have to share beds. Unfortunately due to space, we cannot room married couples together.
- What to Pack: Warm clothes, Snow boots & extra socks, Bathing suit, Sneakers (for gym), Bible, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Shampoo, Soap, Towels, Bedding,
- Dress Code: Dress for the weekend is casual but please use discretion when choosing clothing. Temperatures can drop below zero but it will be warm indoors. We advise layering up! No tank tops or pajamas in common areas. Girls – NO two-piece bathing suits in pool. Sneakers must be worn in the gymnasiums.
- Prohibited Items: Possession or use of tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs, or illegal items is prohibited. Violators are subject to immediate dismissal and forfeiture of fees.
- Medical Emergency: The nearest hospital to Camp is a one-hour drive. No First Aid Station is available at Camp. Ambulance service is available but slow. Consider plans for what your group will do in the event of an emergancy. Minors must be accompanied by a chaperone.
- Damage to Rooms & Property: You are responsible for damages made to Camp’s rooms or property while on the retreat and will be required to pay for any replacement or repair necessary. All rooms are checked prior to arrival and before dismissal.
Please call our conference phone line: 732-515-8742. You can also email Craig Fritchey at [email protected].