26 Below - New York Winter Retreat
High School, College & Career Winter Retreat
Speaker: Micah Tuttle (Peru)
Location: Camp-of-the-Woods Speculator, NY
Rules & Guidelines:
Linked above are the rules and guidelines for the CMML 26 Below 2017 Retreat. Please review these rules before coming to camp. All attendees are expected to know and follow these rules. We appreciate your cooperation.
Registration is now closed. We are completely full!
Download and print the Camp-of-the-Woods Liability Waiver Form HERE. You must turn in this form in order to use Camp's recreational activities (climbing wall, ice skating, gym, etc.)
- Messages from God’s Word
- Breakout sessions
- Missions Q&A Panel
- Ice skating and tubing
- Indoor gymnasiums
- Climbing wall
- Indoor pool
- Skiing, snowboarding and tubing at Oak Mountain Ski Center (optional, tickets additional cost)
Click here for equipment rental information; Lift Ticket prices listed below
Space is limited– register early!
Cost of $128 per person includes:
- Shared room with private bath and bedding
- Friday night pizza
- Buffet meals (Saturday breakfast through Sunday lunch)
- Camp activities
AGE LIMIT: Attendees must be at least 14 years old and in 9th grade to attend 26 Below.
PLEASE NOTE that if you are under 18 years of age you may only attend as part of a youth group or with an adult leader over the age of 22. You must arrive and depart with an adult leader. No one under the age of 18 may be dropped off at the retreat by someone who is not attending.
Learn more about our speaker here:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION (and what to bring and NOT to bring):
- Arrival Time/Directions: Friday, January 15th between 6:30pm and 8:30pm. Directions to Camp can be found here.
- Rooming/Bedding: Each room sleeps 4-7 and has a private bath. Linens, pillows and towels are supplied.
- Dress Code: Please use discretion when choosing clothing. Temperatures can drop below zero! No tank tops or pajamas in common areas. Girls – NO two-piece bathing suits in pool. Sneakers must be worn in the gymnasiums.
- Medical Emergency: The nearest hospital to Camp is a one-hour drive. No First Aid Station is available at Camp. Ambulance service is available through the local town of Lake Pleasant.
- Electronic Equipment: Please do not bring personal electronic devices to the retreat. This is a time for friends and to be in God’s Word.
- Prohibited Items: Possession or use of tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs or illegal items is prohibited. Violators are subject to immediate dismissal and forfeiture of fees.
- Damage to Rooms & Property: You are responsible for damages made to Camp’s rooms or property while on the retreat and will be required to pay for any replacement or repair necessary. All rooms are checked prior to arrival and before dismissal. There is a $10.00 fee for lost room keys.
- What to Bring: Warm clothes, Snow boots & extra socks, Bathing suit, Sneakers (for gym), Bible, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Shampoo, Soap
NOTE FOR GPS USERS: Approximately 13 miles from COTW (after you go through the town of Wells, NY and cross the bridge at Lake Algonquin) the GPS may tell you to bear left onto Gilmantown Road. DO NOT follow these directions, rather stay on Route 30 which will take you directly to COTW.
OAK MOUNTAIN SKI CENTER will be open (weather permitting). It is located 1 mile from Camp-of-the-Woods. If you are interested in skiing, snowboarding or tubing, on Saturday afternoon tickets can be purchased on Friday night, January 13th, upon arrival at Camp. CASH ONLY.
LIFT TICKET PRICES (CASH ONLY!):
Lift ticket (needed for skiing or snowboarding): $17.00
Snow Tubing Ticket: $7.00
Combo Ticket (lift ticket + tubing ticket): $20.00
If you are renting equipment, you must reserve it in advance! Reserve your rental equipment at www.oakmountainski.com. For questions call Oak Mountain Ski Center at 518-548-3606.
Rental prices (before 8% tax):
Skis, Boots, Poles: $27.00
Snowboard & Boots: $27.00
This Year's Breakout Sessions:
- Tyler Vecchio- Missions in Niger: There & Back Again
(Location: Buirkle Center Front)
Tyler has just returned from serving two years in Niamey, Niger with CMML and the ROCHE team. Hear about the amazing things God is doing in Niger and how God led Tyler to the mission field and then back home again.
- Ben Kerns- Leading Bible Studies
(Location: Zeitfuss II Meeting Room)
Ben will share some helpful tips on how to lead effective small group Bible studies and provide you with some new tools to help you get started. He will also share stories of how God has used small group studies to transform individuals, youth groups and whole churches.
- Dan Crawford- Maintaining Your Testimony in a Secular World
(Location: Buirkle Annex)
Dan is a police officer in Camden, New Jersey- one of the most dangerous cities in America. Dan will share some tips on how to maintain a testimony for the Lord while working in extremely secular environments and how we can turn difficult circumstances into opportunities to share the love of Christ.
Here's a quick video that highlights the fun times that happen each year at 26 Below: