What We Do
CMML advances the spread of the Gospel globally by serving US assemblies and their missionaries.
Advancing the spread of the Gospel globally through:
- Engaged Senders– To support local New Testament assemblies in the US as they assess, prepare, commend, support and oversee their missionaries.
- Enabled Servants–To provide strategic and practical services that enable commended missionaries to fulfill the work to which they have been commended.
- Enthusiastic Supporters–To encourage informed and enthusiastic participation of all generations in global missions.
Christian Missions In Many Lands, Inc. (CMML) was established in 1921 as a nonprofit, faith-based service organization to serve missionaries from the United States serving in cross-cultural missions overseas. CMML serves missionaries whom have been commended by local churches designated by the US government as Plymouth Brethren. In 1972 CMML merged with three other missionary service organizations: Voices from The Vineyard, The Fields and the Julia Hasse Memorial Missionary Home, to form a single missionary service organization for U.S. commended missionaries.
Our Missionaries: The missionaries that CMML serves are those who are called by the Lord, commended by their local churches and look to the Lord alone for direction and to supply their financial needs without contractual links with any other agency. As a missionary service organization, CMML bridges the gap between those on the foreign field and their assemblies at home. CMML serves by facilitating prayer for missionaries, forwarding unsolicited, free-will gifts to the missionaries, and disseminating information concerning missionary activities. As a service organization, CMML does not send or superintend missionaries but simply serves them.
Services provided by CMML to the Missionary:
- Encourage Prayer – CMML publishes an annual Missionary Prayer Handbook. This handbook contains photos and limited personal data on missionaries commended from the assemblies in the United States and Canada to encourage regular and systematic prayer. Each year, missionaries are required to submit an annual questionnaire to CMML to update the information. Prayer requests are updated each day on the CMML Facebook page.
- Donations – Assistance is offered in forwarding funds from assemblies, other churches, and individuals to missionaries located in other countries. Donations may be made via check or electronically via the CMML Web site. All donations are made with the understanding that CMML has complete control and administration over the use of the donated funds. Contributions are tax deductible.
- Special Funds:
- Disaster Relief Fund (for disasters outside the U.S.)
- Missionary Kids Education Assistance Fund
- Refocused Missionary Fund
- Others funds as needed
- Letters of Guarantee, Emergency Repatriation and other legal matters
- Accommodations at the CMML facilities in Wall Township, New Jersey
- Clothing Center
- Coordinating Service Opportunities
- Services NOT provided by CMML:
- Health Care
- Advice on taxes
- Retirement Programs