Missionary Orientation Program
MOP in 2021
CMML is excited to announce that, Lord willing and COVID-19 permitting, the Missionary Orientation Program (MOP) will meet in person June 4–11, 2021.
The Missionary Orientation Program (MOP), jointly sponsored by CMML and MSC Canada, seeks to better prepare those considering the mission field or recently commended to missionary work overseas in a wide range of topics related to missionary service. The purpose of MOP continues to be that of assistance to those who are commended or strongly considering full-time service in a foreign land by providing essential training in vital areas of cross-cultural life and ministry. MOP identifies the factors that contribute to missionary attrition before they become issues on the field. This is done through the teaching of various seminars ranging from The Biblical Perspective of Missions, The Missionary Call and Guidance, and Cross-Cultural Evangelism, to Interpersonal Relationships, Stewardship, Accountability, and Commendation.
Partial List of Seminar Topics:
- Biblical perspective of missions
- Philosophy and strategy of missions
- Commendation, stewardship, and accountability
- Relating to other cultures
- Why missionaries fail
- Interpersonal relationships
- Spiritual warfare
- Language acquisition and aptitude
MOP Mission Statement: The Missionary Orientation Program (MOP) exists to equip Christian mission workers to thrive in their initial adaptation to the field and sensitize them to crucial issues of living and making disciples in a cross-cultural environment.
- Phil & Marilyn Barnes: MSC Canada; former missionaries to Zimbabwe
- Paul & Carol Bramsen: Missionaries to Senegal
- Joel & Amy Hernandez: Emmaus Bible College; former missionaries to Mexico
- Phil & Mary Parsons: Assembly Relations and Missionary Care, Christian Missions in Many Lands; former missionaries to the Philippines
Location: Greenwood Hills Camp & Conference Center, Fayetteville, PA
Cost: $195 per person, $375 per couple
Includes workshops, meals, and accommodations
Attendee Qualifications: Candidates must receive approval from their elders to attend MOP. The elders should send written recommendation to CMML or MSC along with the registration form.
Questions: Contact Phil Parsons via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 732-449-8880 ext. 104.
See photos from MOP 2019 here!